Deputy Minister of Trade and Industry receives warning

Online transport services that connect inter-provincial transport companies have reduced costs and helped reduce pollution by having fewer trucks on the road. Rows of shipping trucks from the Saigon New Port Corp in HCM City to nearby provinces. - VNA/VNS Photo The Anh A transport company in HCM City, for example, said its trucks carrying construction materials to Binh Phuoc Province had cut the price from VNĐ5 million (US$222) to VNĐ3.2 million after negotiating with customers on the website www.vinatrucking.com. “Our website aims to create a place where truck owners and customers who have demand to transport their goods can meet. The two sides can negotiate directly through our website,” Ta Cong Thuan, director of online transport service Vinatrucking, was quoted as saying in Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper. “Through our website, many customers have saved a lot on transport expenditures while truck owners can increase their efficiency by loading goods in both directions,” Thuan added. Thuan expected that the number of successful transactions would increase, reducing the number of trucks on the road. “Once the transaction has been planned, it can be applied to both goods and passenger transport,” Le Minh Tu, CEO of Aleka, another online transport service, said. Tu plans to offer online services for customers who want to rent a bus. The website will have information about expenditures and the proper bus. Despite the potential, the services have…... [read more]

Doha (AFP) - Qatar has filed a complaint with the World Trade Organization over an "illegal siege" imposed by its Gulf neighbours, the commerce ministry said on Monday. General view of Hamad Port in Qatar's capital Doha (AFP Photo/Karim JAAFAR) The gas-rich emirate has been slapped with sanctions and demands after four countries including regional kingpin Saudi Arabia cut ties with it on June 5, accusing Doha of fostering Islamist groups and of links to Riyadh's arch-rival Iran. Qatar denies the allegations. The Ministry of Economy and Commerce said a complaint had been lodged with the WTO's Dispute Settlement Body against the "siege countries". The Saudi-led bloc has demanded the termination of regional news giant Al-Jazeera, the downgrading of Iran ties and the closure of a Turkish military base in the country. The countries have also recalled their ambassadors from Doha, ordered all Qataris to return home and banned Qatar from using their airspace. "The complaint accuses the siege countries of violating the WTO's core laws and conventions on trade of goods and services, and trade-related aspects of intellectual property," the Qatar ministry said. "The arbitrary measures taken by the siege countries are a clear violation of the provisions and conventions of international trade law. "Furthermore, the illegal siege is unprecedented in the framework of economic blocs," Qatar's economic and commerce minister Sheikh Ahmed bin Jassem bin Mohammed Al-Thani said in…... [read more]

Vietnam’s foreign ministry has objected to a cinema China has built on the Hoang Sa (Paracel) Islands, calling it a violation of Vietnam’s territorial rights and international laws. Le Thi Thu Hang said in a statement Tuesday that the move “cannot change Vietnam’s sovereignty over the islands”. She said Vietnam has enough legal foundation and historical evidence to prove its rights over the Paracels and Spratlys, another island chain in the East Sea, the Vietnamese reference for the South China Sea. “Vietnam objects to this and demands that China not repeat similar actions,” she said. China opened the cinema last month on Woody Island in the Paracels. The island is home to around 1,000 people, and China has been developing it into a city it calls Sansha. “The opening of the cinema is part of a plan by local cultural authorities to establish community services on islands under Sansha’s jurisdiction,” Chinese state news agency Xinhua said. China invaded the Paracel Islands in 1974, as American forces withdrew from the region, abandoning a naval unit of the then U.S.-backed Republic of Vietnam to a brief but bloody assault. Vietnam's behemoth northern neighbor has illegally occupied the islands ever since; re-unified Vietnam has never relinquished its sovereignty over the Paracel Islands. The Spratly island chain is claimed in part or whole by China, Vietnam, the Philippines, Malaysia, Brunei and Taiwan. An international tribunal in The Hague last year dismissed most of China’s claims in the South China Sea, but Beijing has…... [read more]

Police in Vietnam have arrested a banking tycoon in connection with a fraud case that involved VND9 trillion ($400 million) going missing from the banking system. According to police, Tram Be, 58, a former deputy chairman of Sacombank, helped Pham Cong Danh, a former chairman of Vietnam Construction Bank (VNCB), steal VND1.8 trillion from VNCB. In October last year, a court convicted Danh and 35 other bank employees of stealing more than $400 million, the largest sum ever scammed out of Vietnam's scandal-hit banking sector. The investigation found that Danh and other bankers from VNCB secretly withdrew money from clients' savings accounts and used the cash to secure loans from other banks or to deposit into their own accounts. Pham Cong Danh got 30 years behind bars while his accomplices received between 22 years in jail and three years probation. Police have now found that Be helped Danh to borrow VND1.8 trillion from Sacombank by using his position to evade banking regulations. Be processed Danh's loan in just a day, taking an illegal deposit from VNCB as a guarantee. Danh spent VND1.7 trillion on paying back debts at another local bank for six companies that he owned, and deposited the rest in a personal account. Police are searching Be’s house in Saigon’s District 1 for more evidence. He is facing charges of deliberately violating state regulations on economic management, causing serious consequences. Phan Huy Khang, the former CEO of Sacombank who was accused of abetting the fraud, was also…... [read more]

NDO/VNA – Trinh Xuan Thanh, former Chairman of the PetroVietnam Construction Corporation (PVC), gave himself up to the Investigation Security Agency under the Ministry of Public after nearly one year of evading international arrest warrant, the ministry reported on July 31. On September 16, 2016, the Ministry of Public Security’s Investigation Police Agency decided to launch criminal proceedings against Thanh, born in 1966 and residing at House No 24-C2 Ciputra in Hanoi’s Tay Ho district, for alleged violations of State regulations on economic management resulting in losses of nearly VND3.3 trillion (US$142 million) for the PVC during his leadership. After finding that Thanh had fled abroad, the ministry decided to issue an arrest warrant domestically and internationally for him. Earlier, members of the Secretariat of the Party Central Committee agreed to expel Thanh from the Party with 100% of approval votes. According to the Secretariat, between 2007-2013, in his positions as Deputy Secretary of the Party Committee and Director General of the PVC, and later as Secretary of the PVC’s Party Committee and Chairman of the Board of Directors, Thanh showed irresponsibility and negligence in the leadership and management of the corporation’s operation, and violated legal regulations on business administration, resulting in many wrongdoings and losses of nearly VND3.3 trillion. As the top official of the corporation, Thanh must bear the main responsibility for the mistakes and wrongdoings. As Thanh was responsible for the wrongdoings, law violations and losses at the PVC, leaders of the…... [read more]

NDO/VNA – Trinh Xuan Thanh, former Chairman of the PetroVietnam Construction Corporation (PVC), gave himself up to the Investigation Security Agency under the Ministry of Public after nearly one year of evading international arrest warrant, the ministry reported on July 31. On September 16, 2016, the Ministry of Public Security’s Investigation Police Agency decided to launch criminal proceedings against Thanh, born in 1966 and residing at House No 24-C2 Ciputra in Hanoi’s Tay Ho district, for alleged violations of State regulations on economic management resulting in losses of nearly VND3.3 trillion (US$142 million) for the PVC during his leadership. After finding that Thanh had fled abroad, the ministry decided to issue an arrest warrant domestically and internationally for him. Earlier, members of the Secretariat of the Party Central Committee agreed to expel Thanh from the Party with 100% of approval votes. According to the Secretariat, between 2007-2013, in his positions as Deputy Secretary of the Party Committee and Director General of the PVC, and later as Secretary of the PVC’s Party Committee and Chairman of the Board of Directors, Thanh showed irresponsibility and negligence in the leadership and management of the corporation’s operation, and violated legal regulations on business administration, resulting in many wrongdoings and losses of nearly VND3.3 trillion. As the top official of the corporation, Thanh must bear the main responsibility for the mistakes and wrongdoings. As Thanh was responsible for the wrongdoings, law violations and losses at the PVC, leaders of the…... [read more]

The investigation into and trial of many major cases monitored by the Central Steering Committee on Anti-Corruption must be accelerated in the remaining months of 2017 as directed by the committee at its 12th meeting in Hanoi on July 31. Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong speaks at the 12th meeting of the Central Steering Committee on Anti-Corruption on July 31 The committee pointed out seven focal task groups for the rest of the year, including the continued leadership over and direction of the implementation of the Party and the State’s regulations on anti-corruption, and making stronger changes in this work, especially at the grassroots level. It will order more examination, inspection and auditing, particularly in corruption-prone fields. The committee required prompt inspection, clarification of the cause and responsibility, and strict handling of organisations and individuals with violations at nine big loss-making projects. It also ordered faster inspection of the purchase of 95 percent of the shares at the AVG Audiovisual Joint Stock Company by the MobiFone Telecommunications Corporation, and the equitisation of Quy Nhon Port in Binh Dinh province. It also requested relevant agencies to speed up the investigation and settlement of several cases monitored by the steering committee, such as the cases at the PetroVietnam Construction Joint Stock Corporation, the Dong A Joint Stock Commercial Bank, and the projects on building the ethanol Phu Tho and Dung Quat factories. The central anti-corruption steering committee also demanded investigation, prosecution and trial of serious corruption and economic rules violating cases…... [read more]

Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong speaks at the 12th meeting of the Central Steering Committee on Anti-Corruption on July 31 (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – The investigation into and trial of many major cases monitored by the Central Steering Committee on Anti-Corruption must be accelerated in the remaining months of 2017 as directed by the committee at its 12th meeting in Hanoi on July 31. The committee pointed out seven focal task groups for the rest of the year, including the continued leadership over and direction of the implementation of the Party and the State’s regulations on anti-corruption, and making stronger changes in this work, especially at the grassroots level. It will order more examination, inspection and auditing, particularly in corruption-prone fields. The committee required prompt inspection, clarification of the cause and responsibility, and strict handling of organisations and individuals with violations at nine big loss-making projects. It also ordered faster inspection of the purchase of 95 percent of the shares at the AVG Audiovisual Joint Stock Company by the MobiFone Telecommunications Corporation, and the equitisation of Quy Nhon Port in Binh Dinh province. It also requested relevant agencies to speed up the investigation and settlement of several cases monitored by the steering committee, such as the cases at the PetroVietnam Construction Joint Stock Corporation, the Dong A Joint Stock Commercial Bank, and the projects on building the ethanol Phu Tho and Dung Quat factories. The central anti-corruption steering committee also demanded investigation, prosecution and…... [read more]

VietNamNet Bridge – Direct descendants of the Nguyen Dynasty (1802-1945) have decided to take a grave issue to court. Family relic: Nguyen Dynasty descendants by the grave of the lady. Photo courtesy of Phu Nu online Ton That Vien Bao, head of the Nguyen Family Committee that comprise royal descendants, has sued local company Chuoi Gia Tri Ltd. for destroying the tomb of a wife of emperor Tu Duc to make way for a parking lot. The committee says the legal action was based on a provision in Vietnamese criminal law on violations relating to corpses, graves and tombs. The petition also calls for legal action against Hue City’s Centre for Land Source Development for neglecting to ensure a safe corridor around UNESCO heritage sites. A parking lot is being constructed in the buffer zone between the mausoleums of emperors Tu Duc and Dong Khanh as well as the tombs of 16 wives of King Tu Duc. The petition questions a decision by local authorities to move the grave to another place and use the land for a parking lot for visitors to King Tu Duc’s mausoleum which is part of Hue’s beautifully landscaped area. The conflict between local authorities and the royal family committee has raged for a month, but neither party has been willing to compromise and accept solutions proposed by the other. On June 21, a bulldozer razed the tomb despite efforts by locals living near the tomb to stop it. Local authorities and Hue Monuments Conservation…... [read more]

NDO – The corruption prevention and combating efforts must be continuously strengthened in a more drastic and effective fashion, without any hindrance or pressure, General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong has said. The Party leader made the request while presiding over the 12th meeting of the Central Steering Committee for Corruption Prevention and Control in Hanoi on July 31. He noted that adequate attention has been paid to anti-corruption work in the past few months, manifested through the passing of the revised Penal Code; the Politburo and Secretariat’s issuance of documents on inspection, supervision and asset declaration; and the focus on inspecting, auditing and strictly punishing any organisations and individuals who have committed violations. He also pointed out the shortcomings that remain in the steps of detection, examination, investigation and trial, adding that the step of property recovery has been noticed, but the volume of recovered assets remains small. Regarding the remainder of the year, General Secretary Trong insisted on the realisation of the directions and tasks set out by the Steering Committee and the strict implementation of the revised Penal Code, as well as other documents, decisions and regulations on the inspection, supervision and declaration of assets. Efforts should be made to address the limitations in detecting, examining and recovering property, whilst ensuring the association between law enforcement and the completion of the legal system, he noticed. The Party chief stressed the significant role played by communication work in the fight against corruption, highlighting…... [read more]




Links Topics : http://news.c10mt.com/2017/08/deputy-minister-of-trade-and-industry.html