​Vietnam province denies rumors of ongoing surveys for cable car through Son Doong Cave

Recent rumors that discreet surveys were being conducted for the construction of a cable car system through Son Doong Cave in Quang Binh are false, administrators of the north-central Vietnamese province said Friday. News was circulated on social media platforms on Friday that FLC Group, a Vietnamese realty conglomerate, was conducting discreet field surveys for a widely-criticized cable car system through Son Doong, the world’s largest cave located in the Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park. However, Le Thanh Tinh, director of the national park, dismissed such claims later the same day, insisting that no surveys were being done at Son Doong Cave by FLC Group. The news had been fabricated from a late 2016 story of surveys conducted at the park’s En Cave for a cable car system there, Tinh explained. En Cave, located around 3.5 kilometers from Son Doong Cave inside Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The cable car service through En Cave would stretch around 5.1 kilometers, with its construction plan already submitted to Quang Binh’s authorities in early 2017, Tinh said. The plan was approved in principle in August 2017 by Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc, on the condition that the natural heritage is not damaged and that UNESCO is consulted before construction commences. “Son Doong is not suitable for mass tourism, so there is no way a cable car system will be built through it,” Tinh stressed. Ho An Phong, director of Quang Binh’s Department… [Read full story]

Advertisements


Link http://news.c10mt.com/search/label/vietnambreakingnews and http://news.c10mt.com


Links Topics : https://news.c10mt.com/2018/01/vietnam-province-denies-rumors-of.html